Friday, September 03, 2004

my first blog

Yesterday was the booklaunch of the book of the complete works - drawings and sculpture - of my aunt Hannah Frank. The book is:

Hannah Frank: A Glasgow Artist - Drawings and Sculpture - edited by Fiona Frank - published by the Scottish Jewish Archives Centre, available from www.amazon.co.uk (go to Hannah Frank Art Sales in the 'marketplace')and by order from Waterstones and Ottakars bookshops.


We held the event at Westacres, in Newton Mearns, where Hannah Frank lives. It was such a great event - loads of people came, and we video'd it and took lots of photos so that when Phil Keen the video man has done the editing, everyone will be able to see what happened. My aunt even said one of her poems at the event. The food and drink was lovely and after my auntie had signed lots of books, she went in for tea and everyone else went upstairs to watch a beautifully edited video of the Lancaster exhibition of my aunt's art. A great time was had by all!

I gave a speech: so did Harvey Kaplan from the Scottish Jewish Archives Centre (who had published the book)....so did Angela Ryan, housekeeper at Westacres; so did Malcolm Maddox, Chief Executive of Newark Care. I may include mine and Harvey's speeches later on this blog - but it's the first one I've done so I'm still learning about that sort of thing!

I've now listed the book for sale through Amazon Marketplace, and arranged with my printers that they will stick barcode labels on the book when needed for Gardners, who do professional distribution to Waterstones and Ottakars etc... there's lots to learn in this book publishing lark.


No comments: